Due to an increase in phishing activity across the Financial Industry, we want to provide you with some information to help you recognize phishing emails and what to do if you receive them.
Look for the following in the email:
- The email indicates that you must immediately take some action or you will lose your ability to access your account(s). Phishers try to pressure customers into taking action; take the time to consider whether First Piedmont would ask that you take this action in response to an email.
- Grammatical or typographical errors, or poorly constructed sentences and phrases
- Links in emails that go to Web sites that do not begin with http://www.firstpiedmont.com
If you receive a suspicious email that appears to be from us, please do the following:
- Do not respond to the message or click on any of the links, or change the email in any way
- Delete the email immediately after forwarding it
- Check to make sure that your virus definitions and anti-Spyware are up-to-date, and scan the computer, especially if you accidentally clicked on the link in the email
If you suspect fraudulent activity may have occurred on your First Piedmont accounts, or if you entered personal information after clicking on the link, immediately contact us at 864.489.6046.