First Piedmont is dedicated to providing you a safe and dependable service for accessing your financial information online. We are serious about protecting your privacy and the security of your banking information. In the unlikely event that someone establishes unauthorized access to your deposit accounts through Online Services, you are 100% covered for any funds removed from those personal deposit accounts, including loss of interest, insufficient funds and overdraft charges, when you contact us within sixty days of receiving your statement that contains the unauthorized activity.
When you use First Piedmont Online Banking, you can rest assured that your transactions will be secure and completed correctly as long as you adhere to the terms and conditions of the Customer Agreement for First Piedmont online use.
First Piedmont uses advanced technology to protect the confidentiality of your financial activities while you are online. That’s why we require identification (online passwords and access codes) to access any account information using our online technology. Account information is only displayed in the secure part of the site, where firewalls block unauthorized users from accessing your account information.
In addition, data (such as a password) used to enter First Piedmont Online Services is encrypted (scrambled) into a code that is only decrypted (unscrambled) by the intended recipients, which, in this case, is First Piedmont. This code changes each time you attempt to log in to our Online Services.
If you suspect an unauthorized user has accessed your accounts, you are 100% covered for any funds removed from those personal deposit accounts, including loss of interest, insufficient funds and overdraft charges, when you contact us within sixty days of receiving your statement that contains the unauthorized activity.
First Piedmont is committed to:
- Completing fund transfers and bill payments on time and according to your instructions
- Working with your payee(s) to resolve late fees or charges
- Refunding late fees or charges if First Piedmont fails to initiate your payments and transfers in a timely manner
- Stopping payment on a check according to your instructions
First Piedmont promises that we will stand by our Online Services Guarantee. To ensure your accounts are safely managed online and payments are scheduled properly, it is your responsibility to:
- Schedule your Online Bill Pay payments to be paid according to the terms of the Online Services Customer Agreement, including not scheduling any payments such as court-directed alimony, tax or government payments, fines or penalties.
- Ensure there are available funds in your designated Online Bill Pay account(s) on the date for which you have scheduled a payment(s) to be made.
- Schedule a Stop Payment three business days or more before the payment date.
- Make certain you have available funds to complete a funds transfer(s) on the date specified.
- Monitor your account activity and periodic statements on a regular basis and report any unauthorized or suspicious activity promptly to First Piedmont. If you think your online access codes have been compromised, you should change them immediately and contact us.
- Never reveal your online access codes to anyone.
- Do not leave your computer unattended while using First Piedmont Online Services. Once you have completed your banking, always sign off using the Logout button. For additional peace of mind, close your browser window before leaving your computer.